My interest in Japan began when a friend at university asked if I’d like to take a beginner’s Japanese course with her. This led to me enrolling and being selected for the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme, where I fell in love with the country, its food and its culture during my two years in Osaka.
My articles on Japan include:
Travelling in Japan
- One Week Roadtrip Around Shikoku – first published in Cornell University’s Asian Business Magazine in 2009; republished with minor edits in Sept 2014 in parts one, two and three.
- Five Things You Must Do in Osaka – Your time in Osaka will not be complete without these 5 experiences. (27 Nov 2014)
- Five Things You Must Eat in Osaka – After you’ve fed your senses, it’s time to feed the body. (21 Jan 2015)
Living in Japan
- Teaching in Japan: Life as a JET – article contribution to Love Japan Magazine, released on 29 March 2015
- Reminiscing two years in Osaka, Japan – 20 March 2014
From my previous blog, My JET Experience:
- Moving to and Living in Japan – link
- Living costs in Osaka – link
- Moving from Japan: Shipping and Softbank – link
- Moving from Japan: Shipping (Part 2) – link
I have also compiled a list of recommendations on getting around, places to see and food to eat in Osaka and the rest of Kansai. If you’d like a copy, just drop me a comment below with your email address and I’ll send it on!